Saturday 9 January 2016

The Deafening Silence

On this side of path
There was a river flowing
Maybe, she had to go somewhere.
It had very less water
Probably, she got spent in the way,
Would have been tired
Covering a long distance,
But she was still going on.
God knows, which ocean did she promise to meet,
Who knows when will she meet,
Who knows when will she halt.

On the other side of path
There was sun, setting.
Maybe, he was also tired in due course
Tired burning himself
Tired lighting up the world.
He is going back his home,
To take rest, to relax,
That he'll come back tomorrow
To burn himself hard again
To light this universe again.
But what's his ultimate destination,
Where will he stop, who knows.

Then, i glanced my own path.
I couldn't resist asking myself
This path also had to go somewhere,
If that's so, then where?
Or, it just remains idle here only,
Taking people from one place to other.
The path, it must be ending somewhere
Maybe that's the limit that
It accepts being done with traveler,
I cant go on any further,
Look for someone else

Suddenly, there was a voice
Coming from inside
It was my my own soul,
My own existence
My own heart
My own voice
Questioning me in high pitched voice
Whats your destination?
Whats written in your destiny?
Will you write it yourself?
Or, you'll give even this responsibility
To someone else, and leave?
There was noise of silence
Very unsettling nerving noise
But, nowhere was the answer
The noise was peaking
The silence was deafening,
But there was no answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment