Monday 14 March 2016

I'll Write

That night when I stared into the sky, there were many stars, shining, some glowing and some twinkling with little less of glow. What a diverse world, a huge huge huge space out there it is, and how significant is the part that is visible to us. Forget even that, even the part that we are able to see, there are countless number of stars in it. But, that's not the point. The point is, even those stars are huge in real. They burn too and glow like anyone else. They live their own life, they burn in their own due course of time. Maybe, other stars are bigger, maybe they have more impact on universe than some other star, but still they are not the same.

I always liked writing, it was my passion. In my school time, I always tried to play with the lyrics of songs, in hope of creating something of my own. Sometimes. I used to predict what next line of that song will be, just to check how good am I at rhyming. That was my first exposure to this world. I am not the best, nor I was. But, I know one thing that I like it. Give me some free time, and all I'll come up with, are some lines, some poetic, some just plain simple lines trying to encapsulate my pain. This is what that gives me pleasure. Whenever I departed from a phase of my life, I took some fragments of those memories with me. That increased the weight on my back though, but they gave me moments and inspirations to write. 

When I was 17, I wrote a song, that was my first song. I tried to give some music to it, I couldn't, because I was not putting the feelings into it. I was late to understand the game of emotions, but with continuous trials, one day when I found myself really in the place, I found one of the missing parts of that jigsaw puzzle, it's a feeling that takes birth right from the shallowest of corners of heart, it never comes out of your mind, never. 

Almost three and half years later, one morning, I just woke up to admire the beauty of rising sun. That was indeed a new rise in my life, I'll say. I wrote something random about morning. Few minutes later, I felt more words running down my mind, I wrote another one, and one more to follow. That evening, I then pushed myself to write about evening and night. However, those didn't turn out that good. Probably, I was pushing myself a bit too hard, and I forgot that it comes out of heart, and not mind, never. Few days later, I wrote some 3-4 poems for friends on eve of friendship day. I just felt good, and i hope they did too.

One good day, a friend of mine suggested me to start writing blogs and post the poems and articles there. Yes people, it's this place. I started to write, but that was very discontinuous. I used to write over long intervals. But, I never hurried myself into it, because I wanted to come it straight out of heart, when it feels like writing and expressing. Almost, another 2 years later, I made my first attempt to write a Hindi poem, and as per usual routine, I sent the link to everyone to read it.

As they say, time and tide take unexpected turns, it did for me too. With my fellow classmates putting their time and effort in some very catchy technical work or even in doing some heart warming social work, I was wondering, whether am I putting my time in correct place? People going for start-up business, earning money out of it, and then there I was sending links to people and requesting them to read and give the review. I mean that was pretty tidy work, especially considering that for other people, their work spoke for themselves and there was no need for them to request people and bug others, like I used to do. I decided to be with my writing that day. I am putting my pen to a stop.

Next morning, I received a call from my father about my poem. He liked that. My first attempt at a Hindi poem, and my dad praises me. He even asked me to gift him a poem for his 55th birthday. What could have been a better turn of tide than this for me? That made me really rethink about my decision of putting my pen and passion down.

There is one message that I want to give, though I am not that great person to do so, but people, do what you are passionate for, every one is special in their own way. I just hope that one day i'll do more justice to the faith put in me by my dad and by my pen. Why to see other stars and wonder about their glow, and why not just write our own fate?

I am still writing, and I'll, irrespective of whether it is profitable or popular, because this is my passion. Just like everyone else is following their passion, I'll follow the path that I want to go on.
I'll write.

No comments:

Post a Comment