Sunday 20 January 2019

Interpretation

I have to express myself,
To you, it's long due.
But, I don't know how.
You are far away,
Across oceans and horizons.
How do I say it to you?

I am afraid to use words,
I am afraid to say something,
When I am not around you.
I love words,
Probably, words are the only thing
keeping us together.
But, this distance..
What if, words get jumbled,
Travelling across continents ?
What if, it's not exactly
What I want to say ?
What if, you interpret
Words differently?
I am afraid
Because I know,
A poem has
Thousands of interpretations.

On the other hand,
I know you will get it right
You will pick the right meaning,
Like you always do.
Isn't that only reason
I choose to write this?
Isn't that the only reason
I want to express myself?
To you.

But, again.
I don't know,
How will
you
interpret this.

No comments:

Post a Comment