Friday 5 February 2016

The Weekend (Monday)

Read The Weekend (Sunday) here.

Monday...
Well, Monday is not always counted in weekend, indeed there are Monday Blues, but there's no harm extending your weekend. Anyway, whatever was going on for past 2 days, it was worth it. It was last day for me to be with her. I have had a hard time sleeping, especially after what happened yesterday. I was afraid whether she will come or not. But, there is always something special, and that’s why I loved her. She called me, gave me time, and asked me to meet. I always knew, it's not a yes, but indeed it was her generosity, and appreciation for what I had done. Probably, at the end of the day, even if you don’t have results, you must have something good to smile about.
As usual, metro station, "Will you be able to come by 3 pm?" She asked. Who was I anyway to deny her ever. And, what else was common, wait, wait and wait. After almost an hour, she called me back, "Can you come to my station, and pick me up, we'll go together". I picked her up, and then she asked "What did you have had in lunch?".
"Nothing", I replied. It was hard to eat anything, I wasn’t willing at all.
 "Are you mad? Why are you doing this? Come eat something first", She commanded (almost).
I: "Relax, I have no complaints from you at all, I was just not feeling like eating. Can we sit for some time? My bag is way too heavy to carry".
She: "Ok, give some things to me, if that reduces the weight off your back".
I took out the gift that I had brought for her. She gave a strange look, I was familiar of that look. Once upon a time, that was symbol of love, symbol of her smiling the very next moment. She did, she smiled, not sure about love though.
I: "I totally respect your decision, I am totally okay with it. I am happy being with you in whatever way possible. Just be happy. I just got this one for you before coming here, and I'll be happy if you accept it. This one is for you." She accepted it. "Now, come and eat something. Okay let's go KFC, I am sure you haven't been there ever", She took me there. I have had my lunch with her. There was no change in her behavior, such was her strength.
She: "Let's go Gurudwara."
I: "But, it will be too late by the time we come back. We have to go for shopping also."
She: "How often do you come here? Just come once with me. You will like it for sure."
Whenever, she just used the phrase "with me", it got me butterflies in my stomach. "Let's go then", I replied smilingly. We went there, listened to prayers together. It was always so pleasant, similar to 3 years back when she pulled me to temple, when she holded my hands and made me feel what I meant for her. "Hey, see out there, it looks beautiful", my thoughts were interrupted by her voice, and yeah, the Gurudwara did look beautiful. And even beautiful was, to know that the person you love most is standing right besides you, but sometimes, the distance is way too much.
It was late evening, as we came out, "let's shop for some time, then we'll go for dinner", I suggested.  She choose t-shirts for me, yeah she did, and few presents for my sister too. It was always joyful, shopping with her. She was so exciting and adventurous, I must say. While walking, a guy with some stall on road side shouted "Brother, take this from our shop, God will bless the pair of you two". Both of us burst into laughter. I almost hugged her, saying "C'mon, let's do this, may be this is the only chance for me to have you." I used to see couples after going through tough phases, and they didn't even talk to each other now, so, considering that, shouldn't I be appreciating the way she is with me now, so cool and so friendly, like she promised that day.
We have had our dinner, and then we had to take a small walk, the tough one, maybe last one for the "Weekend". I told her, how much I appreciate and like the way we two are together. She smiled back, she didn’t say a word, but her smile had much more to say. Those were the good things that her smile conveyed. She boarded down at my metro station, to see me off. I holded her hands for a while, she bid me bye, with smiles and wishes. She went out of my sight in a minute or so. I stood there watching her go, "no, I have to see her, I have to, one more time." I ran down the stairs to her platform. There she was, standing there, tucking her hairs behind her ears, she had boarded the metro, but it was yet to depart. I stood there, watching her smile, like the last time I watched her, doing the same smile, way back in time. That was the last hand waving for the "weekend". That was it, but it was full of good moments, and I always believed in counting better moments over bad ones. Good moments define the way to live life, don’t they?
I will make another weekend happen with you, for many more times in my life, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment